When playing online casinos, you may run into some withdrawal problems. While it’s not common to encounter difficulties when cashing out at an online casino, you can do a few things to minimize the chances of this happening. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the most common withdrawal problems and how to avoid them. So, let's get started!
- Online casinos often refuse withdrawals because of wagering requirements and no KYC
- Delays in processing are the most frustrating for casino players
- Always read terms & conditions
- Communicate via email in case of a dispute
How Do Online Casino Withdrawals Work?
The first thing to understand is how online casino withdrawals work. Gambling sites usually have strict procedures for handling withdrawals, which can vary from site to site. In most cases, you'll need to provide the casino with personal information. You may also be asked to verify your identity by providing a copy of your ID or passport. Once the casino has this information, they'll process your withdrawal and send the money to your chosen payment method. Here's a step-by-step guide to withdrawing money from an online casino:
Total Time: 2 minutes
Choose a withdrawal method
Most online casinos offer a variety of withdrawal methods, including credit and debit cards, e-wallets, and bank transfer. When choosing a withdrawal method, you'll need to consider things like processing times and fees. Some methods are faster than others but may also come with higher fees.
Request a withdrawal
Once you've chosen a withdrawal method, you'll need to request a withdrawal from the casino. This is usually done through the cashier section of the site. You'll be asked to enter the amount of money you want to withdraw and your chosen payment method.
Wait for the withdrawal to process
After you've requested a withdrawal, the casino will need to process it. This can take from a few seconds to several days, depending on the casino's procedures. Once the withdrawal has been processed, the money will be sent to your chosen payment method.
Receive your withdrawal
Once the money has been sent to your chosen payment method, you'll need to wait for it to arrive. This can take even a few days, depending on the method of payment. For example, processing withdrawals to a bank account can take several days. Other payment methods like Trustly are instant.
What Are the Most Common Withdrawal Problems?
We know what it's like when you try to withdraw your money from an online casino. It can be really frustrating. You expect the money, but you never know when it's gonna show up. In general, there are a few common problems that can occur when trying to cash out from an online casino: These include:
- Delays in processing: This is one of the most common problems with online casino withdrawals. Sometimes, the casino may take a few days to process your withdrawal. This is usually because they need to verify your identity and ensure you’re not trying to withdraw money fraudulently. But it is better to avoid playing at casinos with long withdrawal processing times. Fast payout casinos are always a better choice.
- Fees: Some casinos may charge fees for processing withdrawals, but it is rare nowadays. These fees can vary depending on the withdrawal method you’re using. For example, you may be charged a fee for withdrawing money to your bank account.
- Problems with your chosen payment method: In some cases, you may run into problems with your chosen payment method. For example, if you’re using a credit card, the issuer may decline the transaction. If this happens, you’ll need to choose another withdrawal method.
- Rejecting your withdrawal: In rare cases, the online casino may deny your request. It can happen for a variety of reasons. We will talk more about it in the paragraph below.
Why Online Casinos Refuse Withdrawals?
There are a few reasons why an online casino may refuse to process your withdrawal. Let us tell you a few things that might be causing the problem.
Most online casinos have wagering requirements in place for bonus money. This means that you’ll need to play through the bonus a certain number of times before you can withdraw it. So, for example, if you have a C$100 bonus with a 40x wagering requirement, you’ll need to play through C$4,000 of bonus money before withdrawing it.
When you request a withdrawal, the casino must verify your identity. If the information you provide is incorrect, they may reject your withdrawal. Therefore, even some small typos can lead to problems. This is why it’s important to ensure that all of your information is correct before requesting a cash out.
In some cases, the casino may refuse to process your withdrawal if they believe you have multiple accounts. Never try to create more than one account at an online casino. This is considered fraud, and you will get caught eventually.
Some casinos have strict rules to prevent bonus abuse. If the online casino believes you’re trying to take advantage of a bonus, they may reject your withdrawal.
Using a VPN
The casino may withhold your withdrawal if they believe you’re using a VPN. This is because some players use VPNs to hide their location and take advantage of bonuses or promotions only available in certain countries. We recommend reading our article about VPN at an online casino: can VPN have an impact on your withdrawal speed.
Incorrect credit card information
If you’re using a credit card to withdraw money from an online casino, the transaction may be declined if the information you provide is incorrect. We’ve heard about some cases when money was sent to another person’s credit card by mistake because the information was entered incorrectly.
The player is a minor
Most online casinos require players to be at least 18 years old. If the casino believes you’re under 18, they may refuse to process your withdrawal.
The casino is a scam
In some rare cases, the online casino may be a scam, and they may refuse to process your withdrawal to keep your money. This is why it’s important to only play at licenced and reputable online casinos.
How to Avoid Problems With Online Casinos in the First Place? 7 Golden Rules
- Read the terms and conditions: Before playing at an online casino, always read the terms and conditions. This way, you’ll know what to expect, and any rules or requirements won’t catch you off guard.
- Only play at licenced casinos: Only play at online casinos that are licenced and regulated by a reputable authority like UKGC or MGA. This way, you’ll know the casino is legitimate and less likely to run into problems.
- Avoid bonus abuse: Don’t try to take advantage of bonuses or promotions. This is considered bonus abuse, one of the most common reasons players have problems with online casinos.
- Test customer support: Test the casino’s customer support before playing for real money. Send them an email or live chat message and see how quickly they respond and how helpful they are.
- Pay attention to software providers: Check out the casino’s software providers. Some providers are known for being more reliable than others. You can find this information in the casino’s terms and conditions or on their website. The best ones are NetEnt, Microgaming, or Playtech.
- Casino website: Ask yourself, does the website look professional? Is it easy to navigate? If not, it’s probably not a good idea to play there.
Resolving Issues with Online Casinos: Our Tips
If you’re having problems withdrawing money from an online casino, there are a few things you can do:
- Choose a reputable casino: This is the most important thing you can do. Only play at licenced and legit online casinos that have a good reputation with players. We recommend using our website to find the best fast payout casinos.
- Communicate by email: Whenever possible, communicate with the casino by email. This way, you have a written record of your conversations.
- Wait it out: In some cases, the problem may be on the casino’s side, and they may be working on fixing it. In this case, it’s best to wait a few days and try again.
- Involve third parties: If you still have problems, you can involve third-party organizations such as eCOGRA or IBAS. These organizations help players resolve issues with online casinos.
- Post complaints online: If you’re still not getting anywhere, you can post your complaint on online forums or social media. This may help pressure the online casino into resolving your issue.
- Don’t give up: Don’t give up too easily. It may take some time, but in the end, you should be able to get your money.
Remember, communication is key. The more you communicate with the casino, the more likely they will help you. And if all else fails, involve third-party organizations to help pressure the casino into resolving your issue.
Online casino withdrawal problems are not that common, but they can happen. If you run into issues, you should first try to communicate with the online casino. If that doesn’t work, involve third-party organizations such as eCOGRA or IBAS. And if all else fails, post your complaint on online forums or social media. Alternatively, you have the option of suing the online casino, but it is a serious step you should carefully plan for.
Withdrawal problems are usually not that difficult to solve though, but they can be really frustrating. The most important thing to remember is to only play at legit online casinos. And if you do run into problems, don’t give up too easily. With a bit of persistence, you should be able to get your money.
We recommend our guides to instant withdrawal casinos or open banking online casinos where you can find the best online casinos with instant payouts.
Last Updated on February 17, 2023 by Dan
- About the Author
- My Latest Posts
Hey, I'm Danny. With seven years as a poker player and 9 in the online casino industry – I’m here to share everything I know about fast-paying casinos. Leeds fan, movie enthusiast and NFT degen.